Three Interesting Web Based Income Articles from WikiHow

The website wikihow has three interesting Web Based Income articles that I think you may find interesting.

  1. "How To Be a Hobo with a Web Based Income" 
  2.  "How to Make Money Online" 
  3. "How to Start an Internet T Shirt Business Through Cafepress" 
While all these articles are interesting, I had been considering how to start a successful web based T-shirt business after Chris had introduced me the to threadless.com business model.  Threadless allows anyone to design, upload and participate in a competition to sell T-shirts.  If you are not familiar with threadless, take a look and then come back and finish reading this post.

Cafepress is certainly one place you could build extra income by selling T-shirts.  Vistaprint also has a pretty good trial offer on potential starting a T-shirt business. 

The basic steps to building an online customized T-shirt business are as follows:

  1. Choose a supplier like Cafepress or Vistaprint
  2. Create a website (I would probably buy a template from TemplateMonster and choose a hosting service like Ipowerweb )
  3. Upload photos, art, basic design for your T-shirts
  4. Figure out pricing based on your costs (Looks like threadless sells their T-shirts for $18. I was thinking maybe $15 but I haven't ran the numbers and have no idea if anyone will buy even one T-shirt from my site.)
  5. Run a marketing campaign.  You could hold a contest for competing designs from your potential customers or pit two designs against one another but before you do that I would think you would want to build a customer base first.  I am considering looking into running a Google adsense or adwords  program and/or maybe seeing how the Vistaprint marketing campaign works. Once I build some traffic, then I will think about running a contest to ramp up a feeding frenzy of purchases.
This is just me thinking online.  Don't try this or any of my ideas with out thinking them through for yourself.

Entrepreneur.com - Small Business News and Articles - Latest Articles

Inc.com

Practical eCommerce

Signal vs. Noise (37 Signals)

The Kickstarter Blog

Exciting Commerce // Unlimited

Seth's Blog

The Revenue Trades Blog

VentureBeat

Palmer Web Marketing

Alltop Ecommerce RSS